Wednesday, June 04, 2008

KLCC reunion


Photobucket


this is a little teaser. for more pictures, go to Atikah's Photopages.


Finally, we managed to find a time where I get to meet Atikah. She invited us for a trip to the book fair held at KLCC on the 28th of May 2008. Gg and Miza were not able to come so Diana and I met up around 11am to meet Atikah at KLCC. Nazrin and Imran were sent to my aunts' houses so I was home alone all morning watching Just Like Heaven and Lake House (ironically both about doctors with no lives). I then met Diana at the bridge where her dad was to send us to the KTM station. He commented that I was thinner and it made me blush. heheh. Diana's aunt and her family was there and they were nice people. Her Mok Su was a funny cute lady who made me laugh a lot.

We reached there and found out that Atikah was not there yet so we walked around dKLCC bringing Mok Su and her family. Diana also met her uncle who works there and he went to arrange for us a trip to go see the Petronas Tower bridge except there were no tickets left for the day. So instead, all of us went to the book fair and planned to meet Atikah there. When I did see Atikah for the first glance, I gasped. Mainly because she did NOT change one bit. She was still short and I missed that familiar button nose she had. I miss her a lot that time.

The book fair cost RM2 per person but Atikah and I got away with it because we were 18 and we weren't charged for entrance. The book hall was HUGE and I quite liked it actually. It was properly arranged and there were a lot of books. We went around looking at the available books. From thrillers to kids books. To Malaysian books and romance. Then we went for the language section where we had our own taste of Tibetan language and a little bit of Indonesian and Arab. Then we planted ourselves at the designing section where we picked up books on poster designs, advertisements, shirts and buttons. After that we had a look around a little more before we decided to leave.

Next for us was lunch and we knew IMMEDIATELY where we wanted to have it. We dropped off Mok Su and her family at the food court as they chose to eat there before we went another floor up to have lunch at Chillies. Lucky the waiting line was not very long so we got a table near the window right away. We ordered in tortillas and dip, Caesar salad and a plate of steak to share. Then we dived in a whole girl-to-girl conversation through out lunch. I love sessions like that where we talk and update ourselves with stories. Even though we might not know the people our friends talk about, for me, its fun to know how your friends are doing with their lives. My favourite part is to figure out how much different or the same my friends are from what I knew about them, to what they are now.

Mok Su called Diana to tell her that they decided to go back. We then headed for the book fair again to actually get a book as proof to where we went. Too bad it was raining because we planned to go to the park and have a photo session of artistical pictures. :p So instead we spend more time at the fair and lucky the two ended up with a book each. I did not get any because all the ones that I want,are the ones my friends already have so we settled with me borrowing them.

Lucky the rain stopped by the time we finished so we DID manage to have the session after all. I loved it but it was cut short by the time we had. It was already 6pm and we were scheduled to go back at that time. So we camwhored a few more before heading back to KLCC to buy pies and cinnamon buns to bring back home. We bid goodbye in the middle of the huge mall uncertain of when we would see each other again except we promised that it would be during the time we are still having our holiday break. The promise I still keep until now.

Diana and I were tired on the way back and my feet were killing me so the both of us did not talk a lot. We just ate and tried to endure the pain. By the time we reached Subang Jaya it was already 8pm and to add to the pain in my feet and on my back, I was nervous because I was way past my curfew. Strange enough my mother did not call me to do her usual "WHERE ARE YOU! WHY ARE YOU LATE!" check ups. Dad picked us up from the station and sent Diana back before bringing me home to mom. Came in and was glad mom did not start screaming at me but she was quite cold. I smiled sheepishly and showed her the cinnamon buns I brought back and that softened her a little. After that, I called my brothers down and the three of us presented mom with a frame that holds an artwork I did for her for Mother's Day. It was a picture of the four of us (my siblings) each holding cards that spells out HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MAMA! She didn't get mad after that so the day turned out JUST NICELY.

- She did not forget to comment on what I wore though. Typical mom.

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 9:37 am

2 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

you guys are just way too cute. heh

4:23 pm, June 04, 2008  
Blogger Alyaa said...

cik farisa, it has come to my attention that my old frnd izzat lesly kenal you kat intec. ahaha. small world! dia kenal je u, tp he said u guys tak pernah borak. u byk mulut ye kat sane?

eh wait. u mmg byk mulut pun, more than i am ;p ahahhaa. not like it's abad thing, tak pun.

small world la kan.

i ni senang sgt terpesona dgn bedalah ni, 6 degrees of separation and shit ahaha.




p/s: i tied byk kali to write in the tagboard then after so many tries i decided to write here la pulak. malas dah. ahahha. last resort babe. btw , gmbr atas lawa.


oh and yr baje lawaaaaaa. *jeles*

7:05 pm, June 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home