Friday, April 23, 2010

I am on the borderline.


I was quite dumbstrucked when I woke up this morning. Simply because it was 4 in the morning. I was quite depressed at how early I slept last night. All I remember was that I had a headache, told my blinking YM conversation boxes that I needed to lie down for a while and the next thing I knew, 8 hours past and I woke up in a dark room with my computer still on.

I'm quite glad though. Waking up in the dark gives me a different appreciation to time. I finally got to do the qiamullail that I have always wanted to do on my own. Tonight I finally did get to do it and it really is fulfilling especially when you're doing it with full energy recharged.

It has been a relatively busy week for me. This Friday has been a long anticipated one. Tomorrow is the MASCA Victoria Annual Debate (MAD), the event that I have dedicated more than a month to promote. I am quite glad the event will be over soon although I do admit that the work, the stress and the tired does get me high sometimes. Zia promised that after MAD we will lie down on work for a while and focus on studies. Besides the petty answering of emails and what not, MASCA won't be as busy as it has been for the past 2 months.

I am so ready to hit my school books again. I do enjoy the Microeconomics classes this semester and marketing is not a bad subject at all. Arabic of course proves to be harder and I find Finance just dry and boring. But if there is one thing I learned about myself is that I can learn to love anything once I know and understand it. So I think its just a matter of time. I'm pulling my "Farisa-during-Intec" mode where I study religiously and actually get good grades out of it.

Other than that, I have signed up to compete in the upcoming Bowling Tournament between clubs. This is to find Victoria's representative for the upcoming National Conference and Games (NCG) in Canberra. I won't be able to go as it is in July but I thought I'd compete anyway. I do love me a game of bowling :) Though I promise that that will be my last for the semester unless my MASCA duty calls again.

Mom gave me two good news recently. The first is that my sister is Graduating soon and she wishes that all of us would be there for Ayong. I was originally reluctant because I planned to spend my time here in Australia and travel, perhaps try new activities. Plus Pak Su has already given me a stern warning not to come back to Malaysia as he is already sick of seeing me back all the time. However, I convinced myself that my sister only Graduates once and perhaps will be a very long time before I can go to UK again. Whats better is that mom told me MAS do fly from Melbourne to London without me having to go back to Malaysia. That way, I would have some time in Australia during winter.
Although the setback is that I will not be able to see my friends as they are back from around the world :(

The second news is particularly relieving. Mom told me that JPA has approved my application for a study loan. Alhamdulillah. This means mom and dad does not need to drain their bank accounts to pay for my education anymore. Even though its only a loan, at least I rest to know that the responsibility is on me now and not on others. The first thing I said to Ili when I got it was "I can shop again" but ironically, the first thing that my sister said to me when she got the news was "Doesn't mean you get to shop". Although so, I am very glad. I am thinking of starting an investment somewhere, do proper planning and what not.

Its 7 in the morning now. I'm going to try to squeeze in some studying before it gets brighter outside. I really wish I could go to Canberra soon but work has been crazy and 3 assignments are due soon. I'll be balding and cocooning not long from now.

This is my current favourite song.

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 4:20 am

2 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

The debate went well, and congratulations on your part Farisa. :)

It was definitely highlighted. :P

10:52 pm, April 25, 2010  
Blogger Farisa Roslan said...

Thanks Aida. I appreciate your participation both in attending said event and giving your opinion into the matter.

See you at the Bowling game ;D

FR

9:03 am, April 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home