Friday, March 04, 2005

bandung, INDONESIA - day THREE


listening to : cry - mandy moore
mood : good
current status : hungry

Ayah, Ibu, cousin Amy and Amar were due to go back to Malaysia today though the rest of us had another day. So the morning was rushed to fit in the schedule to be at the airport. We all got ready and packed everything because we were to check out form the hotel that morning. So we had breafast again. This time I stuffed myself with cereals. I was craving God knows why. It was good but it was rushed.

When we got to the airport, Ayah gave each of us about 300,000 Rupiah to spend. We had to spend about an hour plus at the VERY BORING AIRPORT!! Seriously, the only thing there was a snack bar, a cafe and a magazine rack. What could I do!? I end up spending the whole time singing to myself. It was so boring. When it was time for them to ake off, we waved goodbye, and Pak Ngah brought us back to the house. This night, I had to sleep in the house. Urgh.

After everyone got ready, we all went to a family outlet store called Blossom. When I walked in the store I saw a corner that looks much like the teenage girl's section. When I browsed around, I was like. This ain't clothes. These are, so improper. These are blouses. So I got bored. Then my sister brought me to see a cute blue jelly hang bag she saw, we fell in love with it and took it instantly.

Mama found a turtleneck blouse.

note : I am into turtleneck blouses in black now.

And it was in dark blue. I loved it. But I don't look good on it. So my mom decided to get it for her own. It was boring until I was brought to the what we call 'heaven-section'

THERE WERE ROXY'S, MORGANS, AND ALL THE OTHER BRANDED CLOTHES YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE. Right there sold in the range of Rm15 to Rm 30. I'm not kidding. And all of them were GORGEOUS. I tried about 10 different tops and I was in love with all!! And my sister and cousin Tikah wasn't helping either. There were busy burying themselves in shelves of branded clothes. If nothing had stopped me, I would have walked out that store with precisely 7-8 pairs of tops ONLY!! maybe a pair of jeans and this really cute pink sling bag.

But saving up money, I got out with a pink top with beads put together to form a face of an Egyptian lady. MY FAVOURITE-EST PIECE I BOUGHT ON THE TRIP!! A white Roxy top, and the turtle neck top. IT WAS NICE!! I WANT THE SHOP!!!

Next was Glamour. We thought that we should have had enough after heaven at the previous shop. BUT THIS ONE WAS GREAT TOO!!! Seriously, I felt in love with loads here. I ended up with 2 black tops. I is in black and decorated with lines that looked like the face of a lady. And the other one is just plain NICE!! I almost bought a pair of short bright pink skirt but afraid my money would be a problem so I skipped.

We went for Simpang Raya for Nasi Padang again. This time, without the stomach ache, the food tastes better. Begedil, fried chicken, and real nice paru-paru. IT WAS GOOD!!

Later on we went to this mall known as Bazar or something. They sold like telekungs, and baju kurungs and stuff like that here. All I could do was sing and play those hand games. While the women was having great time picking out telekungs.

On the way back to the cars, my mother freaked because my brother Ajin was lost. She was screaming like a mad woman. Seriously I was pissed and scared at the same time. The hoopla ended when my sister called my uncle and he said that he and Ajin was still in the mall. PFFT!!

We then made our way to the Masjid Raya for prayers. The place is beautiful. seriously. It was so peaceful and nice to pray there and just cool off.. but we didnt have time for that.

We then made our last stop to a mall. Your typical Sunway Pyramid for those in INdonesia. Seriously, the place was crap! Nothing at all. Well the shops we went in were nothing thugh. Seriously. Its just so boring.

Except there was this shop called HARAJUKU. It attracted me. The layout out of the place was cool but was taking up too much space. The shop was really bright and it sells a lot of japenese-y kind of clothes. They had nice skirts but none that fits any of us. I got my eyes on hand bands coz there were one nice ones but the price was too ridiculous. We ended up sipping cocoa smoothies blended with banana sinking in chocolate chips. IT WAS GOOD!!!

We then had dinner at this shop called Baso Malang. The place doens't sound so inviting but the food there is pretty good. Its basically Yong-Tau-Foo but has its own Indonesian twisting taste to it. Its good though.

We then went back home. The last thing I remembered was golek-ing with my brother IMran in fornt of the TV and the next thing I know, I was freezing on the bed without any bantal, or selimut. It was too late to wake anyone up and I was so sleepy. I ended up putting on my socks, and wearing my towel as the blanket. It wasn't comfortable AT ALL!.

Then the next day we all had to catch a plane home. The only thing I spent doing there was going back and fourth to the snack bar stocking up on nAno-nAno-s. Then on the plane we went, and flew back to MALAYSIA where we belong.

Seriously INdonesia is fun. But there were a very huge percentage of poverty. Seriously. Everywhere you turn, people would be slipper-less, walking around with so much of a piece of clothing begging for money. Even in the middle of the road. I couldn't bare to watch them. They were even kids coming up to us and putting on puppy dog eyes. I didn't have money at the time, what could I do!?

What's funny was that there were few beggers coming up to us with thei guitar, strumming one chord, and getting money. If I would have know it was that easy, I didn't even need to put in words in my song! But wheres the fun non!? At one moment, I saw this guy, the has no legs and was walking on both hands begging. I almost cried and I felt as if was so BERSYUKUR to khadrat Ilahi for giving me what I have now. It was just so sad.

If I could have the power to change that, I seriosuly would. But what does words of a 15 year old Malaysian girl do to the INdonesian government? About as much of the chances of a chicken flying. Exactly. NONE!

The other thing I like about Indonesia is it's school. No serious. I make it a point to look at every student I could spot. I love looking at their unifroms since Malaysia's are just no as cool! And I would like to see what people my age here in INdonesia are like. So it was pretty cool.

And their language is fun too!. I know its Bm but the twist and their dialect its fun to try and talk the way they do knowing how dumb you may sound but its okay because you're in Indonesia. And I don't blame anyone. They must think its pretty dumb to talk in our dialect coz they're not used to it. Its human nature.

So all and all the trip was good. I got some real awesome clothes and a fun shopping experience. it was just tiring though.

- next stop.. NOT INDONESIA!

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 10:21 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home