Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Buttterfingers KEMBALI Pergi 2009 - Sesi Istana Budaya Episod Dua


Apparently, Sunday the 18th was a very packed day for me. The morning started with breakfast with the whole family. Thank you a million for Atok and Opah who managed to come down to Subang for my breakfast. Sayang seribu kali sayang. We spent about an hour together and it felt good as I got to have most of my family members there, gathering like we used to. It was good, it was important for me.

Later in the afternoon, dad brought me to Kuala Lumpur Convention Center for the University of Melbourne's pre-departure briefing. I was very excited to go to that event because I was able to meet people who will be venturing into the some-what same future as I will. But I will go into this in another post as this is dedicated to Butterfingers.

So I got back around 5.30pm and was anxious about what time Pak Su wanted to go simply because it was a free-seating show and I wanted to get the front seat. PakSu instead picked us up at my place around 7pm and I was really scared that it was too late. It didn't help that he stopped at a petrol station so that we would perform our Maghrib first. It was not that I didn't want to do my Maghrib, its just that I planned to do my Maghrib there and he totally made my plan go askew. But I was glad PakSu did what he did because when we reached there, people weren't even allowed to go in yet. We ended up in a long line but we weren't that far behind anyway which I was glad. During the wait, Raja Azraff called me asking me if I could get a last minute ticket for him, and when I did, he immediately got ready to come to Istana Budaya.

Another problem arise, on top of me having totally zero credit and totally zero cash, my uncle, who was in his rock concert outfit (a plain white top and torn jeans) were not allowed to come in as it was suppose to be a formal show and round necks were not allowed. Lucky I called Raja just in time before he arrived to bring an extra shirt for PakSu. So when the crowd were ushered in, my cousin and I quickly dashed in and my uncle waited outside for Raja Azraff.

The room was quite small and it was not at all what I expected. There were no seats at all and the so-called stage was floor level and designed in the middle of the round room. Everyone was standing and tall guys were already crowding the front. I pulled my cousin and pushed our way as front as we can only to stop at the back of a dude in a coat and 2 guys in Baju Melayu. When the tall handsome coat guy turned around, I was surprised to find out that it was actually my INTEC school mate, Qassim. Such a small world for him and I to end up at the same part of the room. He allowed us to go in front and I made friends with the two baju Melayu guys, Jubei and Aral.

My cousin was too short for the tall guys in front so she pushed her way in front except I couldn't use the too-short excuse as she did so I was stuck at the back. But it was alright as I was still able to see the band and I had a fun time with the three funny guys.

Apparently, there were so many rules in the room. We weren't allowed to push, mosh and jump to the rocking music instead we're just allowed to stand, sing along and enjoy. But the night was so much awesome. Kak Dahlia came out with Loque's sister starting the show with a few thanks before welcoming the band out. When Loque came out, I screamed at the top of my lungs. He was probably a meter and a half away from me and I was standing with a very good view of him. The best part was that everyone was singing along to all of their songs and it was awesome.

I'm glad they were able to play all the songs in their latest album KEMBALI and throw in some SELAMAT TINGGAL DUNIA tracks and I was also glad that all the songs they played were all the ones that I am familiar with. Ohh I had such a great time singing and screaming, cheering and rocking out with them. They were truly the bomb. Emmett had such great audience connection and he made sure he was being interactive. They also asked us to have one minute of silence for the people who are at war now. We sedekah-kan Al-Fatihah in the middle of the night.

My feet were starting to wobble for standing a good 3 hours during the whole night but it was worth it because they really played their hearts out and the audience really sang along and enjoyed the night. At one point, the band went in for a rest and Kak Dahlia and Loque's sister came out again to entertain the crowd for a while. Kak Dahlia went around the audience asking them what their favorite song from the latest album is. When she reached my area, she actually pushed aside the tall guys standing in front of me and holding the mic to my mouth expecting an answer from me. I immediately blurted out MATI HIDUP KEMBALI as my favorite song. Then Kak Dahlia said "Hah, itu lagu favorite saya jugak" and before she went off to the next person, she managed to say "Eyh, macam kenal je dia ni" and I practically gloated and jumped. See Kak Dahlia is Encik Loque's fiance who also happens to be my neighbor. We never spoke but I knew her VERY well. It was such a good moment for me.

The night got better after the show. Qassim, Aral, Jubei, Raja Azraff, my cousin and I were all gathered outside the hall waiting for the band to come out and do their signing. We were all joking, laughing and taking pictures when Encik Faza came to Raja. He was talking animatedly with Raja totally ignoring me. Raja even pointed out to him that I was the one who got him (Raja) the tickets but Faza nodded and ignored me once again. After he went off, my cousin pulled me over repeating to me how much she hated the guy and I, for once, didn't feel anything at all. Except probably hatred too. Oh whatever is all I could say to him now.

When the band came out everybody was crowding the table but I had a different plan. I went to the backstage door and called for Kak Dahlia. I knew I had to talk to her before lining up with the rest. I spoke to her and apparently, she didn't know me but she knew my sister, who was friends with her sister. I however didn't let that bother me and sembang sembang sekejap with her. I got a photo with her and when I told her I was going to go line up with the band, she told my cousin and I to wait and she will get the band to meet us later. OMG!!! PERSONAL MEETING MAN!!!! I WAS HEAD OVER HEELSSS.

So while we were waiting, Kak Dahlia went off to settle other things. Then my cousin and I were talking about what we would say to them when I saw Loque's mom standing alone at one corner. I told my cousin that this is the time to MOOCH a little so I went to strike up a conversation with his mom. Apparently, we got to know a few things about Loque and his life, and PERJUANGAN BUTTERFINGERS from his mom. And I was glad that we made friends with her.

When the band was going to go off, Kak Dahlia stopped them and pulled us to them. She actually ushered us specifically to the band and I immediately pushed my way to stand next to Loque. The rest of the band were crowding nearby and my cousin made her bid for the lead singer Emmett. It was so great. But our cameras started to malfunction during the photo op and I was so nervous. But they waited and were patient until they managed to get a proper photo of us. Before I went, I got Loque to autograph my copy of their album cover and I remembered saying "Make more MONOLOQUE songs" and before I ran off, he said "PASTI". I was smiling like a big sheep and went off to my waiting uncle. OHHHHHH It was such a grand night and it was a good day all around. Thank you so much to:

> My uncle for accompanying me
> My cousin for rocking out with me
> Qassim for making the day fun and funny
> Raja Azraff for the shirt he gave my uncle
> Aral for being friendly to me
> Jubei for the awesome (the only perfect picture) I have of the night
> Kak Dahlia for the photo op and the wonderful conversation
> Loque's mom for entertaining us during our wait and for telling us a little bit
more of the band
> Mama for letting me go
> Abang Cashier Istana Budaya for having those tickets for me
> Uncle Taxi busuk for driving me 45 minutes to Istana Budaya to get those tickets
> Diana and Atikah for even considering to come share this experience with me
> Encik Maher for telling me about the show and helping me with the tickets
> Hazri for trying to help me get tickets
> Ayah and Ibu for picking me up from the KTM that day
> All the ticket counters people who were selling Butterfingers tickets for taking
the time to tell me the tickets were SOLD OUT
> Abang ticketcharge.com for being nice and telling me I had a chance to get the
Sunday night tickets
> B U T T E R F I N G E R S for giving a great show.


Pictures below.

- Saya teramat sayang Encik Loque.

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 11:20 pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this is like my 3rd try to put a comment here.Haha I juz want to congratulate you for hving to watch the one and only BUTTERFINGERS perform live!I've been trying to get the tickets on thursday on tht week which was too late,for the saturday sessions.Oh well.IB is like so near my place so I decided to go,but luck wasn't on my side.

p/s:Mrs Loque seems a little different from what I remembered seeing their pic in Loque's blog 2 years ago.Long time no see I guess!

6:54 pm, January 31, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait.Fave Butter song is Gelombang Cinta.It gets me.Everytime.LOL!

6:59 pm, January 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home