Sunday, October 02, 2005

a trip to camp EVIL


listening to : baby its you - jojo [finally some real music]
mood : happy
current status : so damn tired

{I would just like to say that I just got back from camp and I am still in my camp sweats.But I just want to get this OVER with}

even though I packed everything the night before, there were still so many things to do before I go to this camp. the morning I had school and it took quite a long time and I was only left with limited time before I had to leave for camp.

after I got back from school, which is about 2 hours after the time I planned to go back, i was in such a rush. I have so many things to do in 2 more hours. So it was hell for me to have gone so haywire getting everything ready.

and so I set off to school with my incredibly HEAVY backpacks. The first person I saw was Mahfuz and he wasn't even going to camp. NO ONE was there yet and I felt weird. So I just went to the pay phone to say goodbye to Shahrul. When I came back Nasriff, and Iqbal was there so I just sat with them. Until Diana and Gg came. Thats when I went to sit with them. The three of us were going trough the list of what we have to bring to check if we got them.

Blar blar blar then the bus came. I was so nervous that time. I was so scared that I would forget something important. And I was so scared that any of my stuff would be stolen.

The bus ride was boring. Most of the time me and Diana were talking about life and stuff. It took us quite a long time to reach there. But when we did, I wanted to go back instantly.

The place didn't look that bad. But then again, it didn't look like its going to be fun. After we registered ourselves and was sorted out to our groups and tents, we found out that there was NOBODY in our school that ended up in the same tent. for girls that is. And all of us felt scared. Especially me, diana, gg, syahirah, and nashrah. We're not used to this kind of environment.

But I did end up in the same group with Syahirah. Thank God. And my camp was near Gg's so I wasn't that scared no more. When we went to our tents, we were all seprated. I thought my camp wasn't all that bad considering four people are sleeping there. It wasn't stinky or dirty. So I was quite glad. There was already a set of bags at one corner. But there was no one there. So I took my corner and settled down. One by one the people came. So at one point all of us {me, Haziemah, Ying Ying and Diana} were in tent and all of us introduced ourselves. all of us came form different schools in different daerah. I'm glad I got them as my tent mates. They're not bad.

After that, all of us were sent to this dewan. And the facilitators introduced themselves, welcomes us and all. All of us thought it was going to be hell and all of us were scared. Diana, G and I were sort of complaining. {sort of - okay guys}

When we went back to our tents, we were asked to clean up and everything so that, we can have our ice breaking that night. THE TOILET WAS PURE TORCHER. It was sooooooooo dirty I couldn't believe it. I tried to spend as little time there as possible. Then we went for our prayers. After that we went for dinner.

The canteen wasn't all that bad, but the food were. I never could finish any of them. It ends up being in the garbage can. The again we headed off to the dewan. The Pengarah Penerangan herself came and gave a speech. AND IT WAS SO LONG I PRACTICALLY ALMOST SLEPT. But when she was done, the real fun part began.

Kak Ela, our supervisor first sorted us into girls and guys. First we weare given 10 seconds to be sorted into a group that has the same first letters of our name. And mine if F of course. I was lucky because there wasn't many people in my F group so it was easy to remember their names. It was hard for the N's and the M's because there were so many of them. And then we were to sort out in the months of our birthdays, and I was so glad that I had Nasriff with me.

We were asked to come up with sifats that we all have. And one person comes up to tell the everyone else. I was the one who were chosen to represent June. And it was scary to go infront. After we give what we've got, the Kak will read what she found out about June people. And I found that almost all them were me. Trust me. It was cool.

Then we were asked to sort out by the colours of our nametags. And I was green, like Syahirah, so we made our way to the green group. I was glad that Omar too was in our group. And the rest of the people, I do not know. We were given about 5 to 10 minutes to know the name, age and schools of all our team members. And then we were to elect a leader. It was hard of course considering we have 20 poeple in our group. But I manage to memorize all except for their schools. And then I suggested Omar to be our leader but everyone else thought Changkar {a 19 year old Indian guy} would be better. I'm guessing its because of his age.

Then every group leader {there are 5 groups} were to go infront and introduced themselves. Green-Changkar, Blue-Gg, Purple-Tanesh, Yellow-Fakhrul, and Pink-Sashi.

After that we were to come up with a name for our group and a moto. I HATED my group because none of them can corporate. Of course maybe the fact thats its almost 2 o'clock made us sleepy, but we must come up with at least a name. But no one seems to want to sit still. And our group leader was so... YISHK! He couldn't even get the attention of us. And he doesn't have a very loud voice. YISHK! But finally we agreed to the name Pinnacle because we want to be on TOP!!!

Then all were invited to a drink at the canteen before sleeping. Then we all went to sleep.. Wasn't all that comfortable and it was hot. And it only lasted for 2 hours. But at least I did sleep. {but its bad that a girl in my camp SNORES}

ps. I was the girl penolong in my group and g was the penghuluwati of the camp.

- SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 4:11 pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alrite..so u left me here and went to a camp..fine!!sounds kinda ok jer for the 1st day..and what is penghuluwati??mcm tak best jer bunyi..ok, ill save u..but from what?

1:05 pm, October 03, 2005  
Blogger FarisaRoslan said...

penghuluwati is the penghulu for the girls.

10:56 am, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home