Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Buttterfingers KEMBALI Pergi 2009 - Sesi Istana Budaya Episod Satu


I don't necessarily believe in making a list of things to do before you die. I don't believe that I really have that many goals in life. Or rather, I'm just too lazy to list them down. But well, I believe that if I do have a list-of-things-to-do-before-I-die, I would have crossed one off a week ago. The line would say:

WATCH BUTTERFINGERS PLAY LIVE AT LEAST ONCE.

Yes indeed I have managed to do that a week ago. I was lucky that I surfed my Myspace that day after how many months of abandonment. I did what I usually would do and suddenly I read the HEADLINES on the Bulletin reading "Butterfingers Last Show" posted by Encik Maher. I freaked when I read that Emmett (lead singer) was going to be flying off to Canada for work soon and that Encik Khairil Ridzwan (Loque- musician extraordinaire) will not be coming back from Boston anytime until next year. I snapped and vowed to not miss the show.

There was one glitch in my so called plan however. That is that the event was to be held at Istana Budaya on a Saturday/Sunday night. The fact that they chose Istana Budaya as the venue was such good news for me as Mama could not use her normal excuse that it was a dangerous place to be. One problem was that it being in Istana Budaya, it was not going to be a walk-in show like all the other gigs I have been to. Only I found out about that too late and I only had 2 days before the show plays. I freaked out as I read that the tickets were sold out. I prayed to God, I even Nazar-ed to make sure I got it. After so MANY MANY calls from so MANY MANY places, I finally called Istana Budaya one Friday morning (the day before) at 10am and they said that they have less than 50 tickets and the only way I could get it is to go to Istana Budaya and buy if straight off from their hands.

I freaked and immediately called a taxi to drive me all the way to Istana Budaya. Apparently the taxi took a wrong road and it lead us to a jam. It took us around 45 minutes to get to Istana Budaya and I was ready to shit my pants for knowing that this could be the reason I wasted a perfect Butterfingers show and rm21. When the uncle got to Istana Budaya, I practically skidded to the entrance. Thank God there were not so many people there. I got to the counter panting and heard the dude on the phone saying that they don't accept bookings anymore and that there are only 10 more tickets. My heart pumped and immediately got my tickets while the Abang Cashier looked like he was so sick of this whole Butterfingers gala. Not a fan. Obviously.

I walked out of the building smiling widely to myself under the hot 12noon sun. After that it just hit me that I was in the middle of Kuala Lumpur alone and no one knew about it. It could be potentially dangerous but at the same time I was excited that I was independent. Of course, I contemplated the fact that had the power to just go around Kuala Lumpur and walked for myself a bit, getting to see the place as I wish before I ship myself to Australia. But my sanity got the best of me and I decided to take the train straight back home. I sms-ed my uncle (PakSu) telling him that so called rebellious independent thing I was doing and he promised that mom and dad will not find out how I got those tickets as long as I go straight home and keep safe. I agreed.

So everything was all set and I was ready to watch one of the biggest show of my teenage life when two of my friends cancelled on me. Atikah couldn't go because her parents (like mine) didn't like the idea of her going out at night. While Diana wasn't able to go for the Sunday night session because she needed to go back to school by then. I tried to score Saturday night tickets but apparently every other sessions were sold out. Lucky the Sunday night session was what I wanted but my heart pounded again at the thought of asking mom if I could go ALONE. :S

After going through a list of potential people I could think of to go with me, I was suddenly reminded of this one Peter Pan concert my uncle took me to a few years ago. It was my first concert, it was at night, and it was in Kuala Lumpur but I got home safe, sweaty and happy. I immediately asked Pak Su if he was interested in joining me and well, technically chaperoning me. Although I was careful not to use that word. Instead, I asked if he would like to ROCK with me. He immediately agreed. My PAKSU is great greAT GREAT!!!

Later that day my cousin called me asking me if I had tickets because she wanted to go as well. Of course I agreed as I have always had her with me when I go to gigs (not that I've been to that many really). Everything was set and everything was going to turn out well.

- to be continued.....

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 11:55 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home