Friday, December 30, 2005

family NIGHT as we speak


listening to : the voice of the cute boy in the movie kart race
mood : won't be good no longer if my sister don't turn back the channel to the cute boy movie

Add a bit of over-excited mom, a dash of sarcastic sister, two parts of a tired dad, to spoonfuls of a screaming baby brother and a cup of a saint pretty daughter. Mix until well done. Make sure to stay away from trouble yucky love-complaining brother. And you will get my family's family night.

yeap. you know when moms get all excited about having the family spend time together. family dinner. family picnic. family movies. and it my case, family bowling.

not saying I'm complaining or some sort. I mean, what would be a good way to enforce the relationship amongst your family members besides, you know, each of us showing of our so called existed talents in throwing some heavy balls and knock of the pins.

yup.

well I wasn't all that excited to go as I dunno, I have been growing some fat on me and its really been making me a lot lazy but you know, I thought it'd be fun. Espeically when all of us were playing together. So there I was getting ready and all that. And as excited as I was, I was more excited to get Imran in this SETH-COHENY kind of look. Seth Cohen is a character in The O.C. by the way.

Remember the style I have been pleading Shahrul to go for. Chequered long sleeve and a normal t-shirt on top. Yup, and after a long time of trying, Imran finally gave in. And not to praise myself or anything, but I have done a great job. He looks good. Even my family said.

And I've only one thing to say to Shahrul.. IF A BABY CAN PULL IT OFF, SO CAN YOU!!!

Ahahaha.

So anyway, we made our way to the bowling alley in Sunway Pyramid and stuff. Quite exciting. We did all that we should. Gave up some shoes, take out some balls. And there we go. We start.

I was doing REAL bad at first, but after a few shots, I did okay. My dad was good as always, while my sister still with her skills. My mom surprisingly, wanted to play because she never really wanted to join any bowling games we played. Well, lets just say, she and I were neck to neck on the scores. And my brother Nazrin well? perhaps the spirit of a bowling pro inhabited his body for a while because he actually scored the best points out of all of us in the first game.

I kid you not, he was doing better than even the average standards. 122 for his game. Sucky? YOU BET!

Well, my mom scored a 70 by the end of round one. And unluckily, that one bloody pin didn't fall on my last throw which lead me to the final score of 69. It pains me. Especially with my mom giving me the I-BEAT-YOU-BY-ONE-MARK-MUAHAHAHA laugh.

You know there are certain momets in your life when you look at your mom, and you see the actual freak in her. And it wasn't pretty. AHhahaha. Nah, she was cool. In the sense that made me feel like, I HAVE TO BEAT HER IN THE NEXT ROUND.

Well, all went well. The first round - Nazrin, Roslan, Fahana, Faridah then Farisa. Okay fine. Not my best achivement. But that didn't stop me from being better at it next time.

So on we start the second game. Well, this one didn't go so well. For one, my brother's pro-bowler spirit bailed on him and have flown away back to the bowling alley in the netherworld. Nazrin suddenly looked like goo at on the lane. Well, he's been doing real bad. And it doesn't help that the fat lady at the other lane was using the same ball as he is. And according to him, the frustrated part of him that is, hat the fat lady keep using his ball and when it ws his turn to go, the balls are not available for throw. And he said, that when it is, it is already to slippery to be, good.

And well, he was complaining and throwing a tantrum about it. Pfft. That ruined his mood. And well at the rate Imran was smooshing on his ice cream, my mom had to always pay attention to his suar high rush. My sister, appaerently, was being the lady version of my brother. She was bitching about the fat lady the entire second round. My dad? Well, he was just sitting at the back of the lane, waiting for his turn. That leaves me, the pretty, sorta sucky at bowling, girl in the family. And it was I who still had that 'AWH DANG THAT WAS A MISS!' or a "YAY! THAT WAS A GOOD SHOT" spirit in me.

Well, everyone turned sour. Nyah. Well, at least the second game showed a little more of my.. BOWLING SKILLS. I did quite good. Not the highest at rank of course, but third place is good. Well apparently, my brothers lack of patients and feelings for bad people, took hold of all of us because all of us turned out to be in bad moods.

Well, after we're all done, it was too late because all the shops were closed. And well my sister didn't wanna eat at the bowling alley. Whhich made mom get real pissed because all of us had different ideas on where we wanna eat.

Well, it turned out not so bad. Actually, if mixed properly, family nights can actually be fun. Try it sometime. Just keep away from playing bowling next to a fat lady who steals our bowling balls. Then all will be cool.

- "engkau nih merugikan gila sial. duit mak bapak jugak habis dengan engkau complain complain tak nak main. pompuan tuh bahagia jer main. kalau masalah sangat ambik je lar bola baru. mengada sial"
-words of the angry sister. :D

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 11:44 pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family day! I think it's a really good way to bond with your family. Especially when you don't see them all the time when they're working in the morning and at night all they want to do is sleep. ^-^" I saw your brother btw at the school's orientation on Saturday. Then after that I went to the shops and saw your sister. Stylo gila. :D

- Miza

11:14 am, January 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home