Friday, February 22, 2008

whats the opposite of insonmia?


I just woke up from a really long nap. A somewhat unplanned nap at that. It is indeed a Friday today but I find that as a pathetic excuse for my recent addiction to sleep. It has been a short day, as all of my Fridays, as classes ended at 12noon. We had our usual Friday lunch at the Cemara cafe before retiring back to our hostels for the much needed weekend rest. Hazra and I have planned to reconstruct our Agama presentation to be more well mannered than it is since we are to present it on Tuesday. Yet, the minute I sat myself for the project, my head grew heavy with the thought of sleep. I succumbed to the monstrous weakness and told Hazra I were to do my part after indulging myself in a 2 hours nap. She agreed.

I was not sure what happened next but I vaguely remember being woken up by Hazra, then I slept again. Then I remember Atiqah waking me up asking me when I will be going back home, I answered groggily and slept again, and also a moment where Hazra came in the room to say goodbye to me as she was ready to go home. Lastly, I was woken up by Atiqah with the question "Sasha, you dah sembahyang Asar ke belum?". I groaned and thought, "Apa Atiqah nih! Baru pukul 3.30pm nak sembahyang Asar apa!?". Although so, I kept that thought to myself and woke up to find that it was already half an hour to 7pm. I gasped and moaned and rushed to the toilet for my Asar prayers. I wouldn't want to miss it like how I missed my Zohor to my ridiculously long nap.

I have had a four hours nap and feel very guilty. I scolded myself for sleeping so much as I promised myself to get at least some homework done by the time Friday ends. And I know how lazy I can get by the time I get back to Subang Jaya. Yet that didn't make me feel as guilty as I did when I thought about the amount of sleep I have already gotten the night before. Observe.

20th February : slept at 3.30am

21st February : woke up at 6.30am
-----------------------
3 hours
-----------------------

: slept at 11.00pm

22nd February : woke up at 6.00am
-----------------------
7 hours
-----------------------

: slept at 2.40pm

: woke up at 6.40pm
-----------------------
4 hours
-----------------------

This would mean that in the course of the past 48 hours, I have slept for at last 14 hours which would make that 30% of my 2 days. That is a somewhat big increase to my usual 18% (9 hours) of usual sleeping hours in 2 days. That would mean I have wasted a rough amount of 12% of my 2 days, which when you respectively divide it to one day, means I have wasted an extra 6% of my day to sleep. To put in terms of hours, I have spent a respectful amount of 1 hour and 44 minutes to my day for sleep as oppose to studying or finishing my homework. So that makes a rough 3 hours and 20 minutes wasted when you combine two days. 3 hours and 20 minutes of extra sleep is NOT what I need here in Intec.

Ahhh. Not only that, I believe that my body functions quite differently than that of a normal person. This is because, whenever I have insufficient sleep, this ranging from 3 hours to 5 hours, my body will (not neccessarily feel fresh) but it will be able to function normally, my brain will still be able to think. But when I get excessive sleep, this ranging from 7 hours to more, I will feel sleepy, tired and lazy. So that is why I never really bothered myself with the thought of sleeping early for the sake of getting enough sleep. My body just do not work that way.

So I bet you when I do get back home tonight, I shall be sleepier and tired-er than I would have been on my normal days. And this because I gotten a lot of rest. Sigh. Ain't life screwy?

- I think my 3 days worth of losing fats to puasa has gone up the drain :(

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 11:51 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyaa said...

that's a lot of numbers there eyy. woah,

12:47 pm, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home