Monday, March 14, 2005

EDUBOX multemedia training - day ONE


listening to : stranded - plumb
mood : nyah!
current status : missing Shahrul

remember the computer course I told you guys about? and you guys addressed it as dorky!? well.. IT WAS FUN!!!

NO KIDDING!!!

well first day was.

I woke up at about 7.20am and was rushing. Well I practically got ready at 7.50am. And I did shower mind you. So I was nervous as I was not sure if I will be allowed to enroll myself in this program as I haven't registered yet.

I even dragged my mom to the place.

So when I got there, the teacher said that it might be a problem if I haven't registered. My heart was pounding. I WANT THE SPOT!! I WANT THE COURSE!! The teacher said that the place is already full. A computer is shared among 2 poeple. So I was bummed. She also said that the next session which is on the evening is available. But I dind't want that as I have my tuitions in the evenings. But my mom told me to skip just for the week as she knows how much I want this thing. I didn't feel all that happy about it but what could I do.

The teacher went to talk to the tutor and she came back out telling me that if there are people who's not present for the course, then I may take their place. CROSS MY FINGERS!!

My mom went to the office and I was left there waiting. The tutor told me to wait as he was taking attendance. It was a tense moment. I was ahving the chills! Or maybe its because the place was so cold. I couldn't tell.

ps : whoever who is so undyingly anticipating to see the inside of the computer lab, well.. its just a computer lab. Seriously nothing big.

So later he called Syuhada's name, weirdly enough. Because she didn't strike to me as the kind who would be interested in these kind of things. But then again so wasn't I. I don't know, perhaps people can just surprise you just like THAT!

Anyways, well my luck! Syuhada didn't turn up so the guy signed me up paid there and then. AND MANY OF THEM paid there and then. the whole time I freaked out for the possibility of not being able to join, was a complete waste of time. So anyway, its a good thing I got my own computer! Seriously, despite perhaps being the last one to arrive, I GOT MY OWN COMPUTER while most of them had to share. How good is that!?

So the first class, I was damn excited. And for those of you who knows me, you'll know how excited I could be! But its a drag I know no one there. Seriously. I might have seen their faces before but not to the extend where I actually know their name get the picture?! So I was stuck alone, but it didn't spoil my mood!

This Malay teacher came to sit next to me so I kinda have someone to talk to. But she complaint about having to come. And at the same time keen to join the course. WEIRD! So anyways. First he explained to us the A-Zken about computers. Hardwares, softwares, inputs and outputs and all the components. And the history of it and all and all.

It was fun sure. But not when it lasted about 3 hours. No seriously! I was menguap-ing at the last half an hour of the 3 hours. Then we got a break. I was so hungry!! And the only thing thay have was keropok. That'll do.

Then it struck me. Coz I was sitting on the bench alone. No one was there. I didn't know anyone. Everyone else were sitting around chatting with their friends. And the only that I have for company is the keropok I was eating.

Then this chinese guy looked at me. He too had keropok in his hand. I asked him to join me as my company. We made friends instantly. His name is Dennis and he's so looking forward to the course too. After that, we went back in the lab.

Later, the person taught us how to make a slideshow. He showed us how to manage our files and where to keep everything of ours. Then he guide us to install softwares.

There is this program called ProShow. It allows you to put pictures in slides. Put in effects and songs and colours and texts. Its almost like powerpoint. I've been familiar to the process but it was fun too!!

After he guided us, we were asked to make our own slideshow of 20 pictures. I did on dessert. There we're pies, and cakes and candies, and milkshakes. It looked good but I didn't like my presentation all that much! But I'm proud of it! Its the computer's screensaver. HeHe.

So that was that. It was a fun day. Before we left, the tutor gave us a file to put in papers he distributed and will distribute. Apparently there are about 10 softwares that we are to learn throughout this whole course. CAN'T WAIT.

Thats day one...

After the course, I rushed to Diana's place because I had a date with her and Melisa. We were suppose to play guitar together. Diana and I teaching her how to play a song.

When we got there, we first had lunch. The food was pretty good as I was also pretty hungry. Melisa had a fun time eating though.

Later we sat in the living room in a circle looking round for songs to play. We had a fun time. But couldn't master any of the songs of the options. True and ON The Way Down - Ryan Cabrera, The Reason - hoobastank, In The Shadow - The Rasmus. It was hard really. We ended up tecahing her the plucking version of Happy Birthday.

Miza and Gg joined us later. We were playing songs and hanging out and stuff. Melisa had to leave at about 4pm so I gave her the tabs for the song. After she left, the group asked me to perform for them. So I did Stranded, Stand, You Were Meant For Me, Sweet Remember and a duet of Wonderwall with Miza. It was fun just playing around.

Later we all were talking bout performing on Setia Night. I almost convinced Gg and Diana, until they convinced me that it was gonna be hell on the night itself. So I chickened out.

At about 5, Diana had to go to Miza's for ngaji so I crashed Gg's place as it was raining and I couldn't. It was so much fun because I got a real live performance from Gg and Shasha of the song 'Hear I am' or so thats what I think it is. It sounded really good though Shasha was nervous. But I really liked it. It was a good job.

Later Shasha went to take her shower and Gg and I sat downstairs. What we did!? We were just singing parts of different different songs. From Avril, to Michelle Branch, and all down goes to these oldies that I know nothing off. But it was fun singing the two of us in the empty room. We weren't even plying guitar with. Just singing. It was loads of fun.

I think the workers outside of Gg's house thinks we're like little nutcases having fun entertaining them. AHHAHAH!! Well the fun part was correct. I stayed about one and a half hour just singing.

Before I left I requested G to play her song again. I absolutely love it.

When I was about to leave, we met Diana so she and Gg walked me halfway together. We were talking about the performance at Setia Night and perhaps the fact that OMar got denggi, [OR RAGGING IN SOME CASES] ahahahha!! And it was full of laughter.

And apparently according to the 2 of them, I make funny faces. Some I don't even tend to make it funny. So its just weird. But it was fun. And we were talking about dominating the Setia next year! AHAHHAHA!! We wanted posts!

So I just walked back home with my guitar on my back.

I saw Shahir outside so I played for hi the Stranded song on my guitar since we are going to jam that song later. Then ashraf came out so I played it for him. And then Lynn messaged me asking if I'm free this holiday. Me being in a happy mood, I calle dher up and we talked for a while. I think she was kind of surprised I called her because I never did that. But it was fun la. To hear from her. And we perhaps are going later.

Either I bring my friends and meet up with her there saying hi bye, or I join her friends as a stranger and make new friends. That'll be fun but there will be times when I will feel left out. But no matter. I'll think about it later. I need to go.

- Now wasn't that a fun day!?

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 1:55 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home