Wednesday, November 09, 2005

my RAYA spent


listening to : how does it feel - avril lavigne
mood : fine
currents status : pening sikit

can I say its my best? no. but I couldn't say its my worse either. and the whole part about going back to Kelantan, wel, it dind't turn out all that bad.

monday [3 days before raya] : we packed up and was ready to go. we headed for Perak to spent a some nights before we go to Kelantan. The journey wasn't all that bad. I guess mainly because I slept. When I got there, I was all excited. Apparently my uncle just build a new house right next to my grandparents' house, so well, I was exploring it. The rest of the day was spent normally.

tuesday [2 days before raya] : well apparently, this is the day we made our way to Kelantan. lucky i was fasting that day so I wasn't really suffering all that much. But having my brother next to me, in the car, for 6 hours, basically defines suffering. So yeah, I did suffer.

well to be honest, we don't really favour the house. my grandma lives alone and she's quite the busy woman, so she doesn't really have time to clean her house. so well, the house was dirty when we arrived. My sister and I loathed the house because of the condition. The rest of the day was spent being disgusted by the house. But regardless of sleeping on the floor, it was quite a lovely night.

wednesday [raya eve] : well, apparently, my sister abandoned us. She joined her friends for a tour of Kota Bharu from a friend. And My dad, mom and I were left cleaning the house. So there we go, we did a real good job at cleaning the house. The living area and the dining part of the house were thoroughly cleaned by us. We swept, mopped, vacuumed and well basically make it comfortable to live in.

Its times like these when you really appreciate your parents. Because they're there to suffer with you, understands your discomfort and help you do something about it. Well we spent until about 4pm cleaning. Thats when we went to pick up my sister from wherever she was and went to buy food to break fast.

well when we got back, our relatives came so we could breakfast together. It was great having them because we didn't have to eat alone. We had laughs and it was a nice dinner together. After that we hunged out but it was weird because we barely had anything to say to each other except 'shasha berapa tahun?'. pfft.

thursday [hari raya] : I woke up to an empty house. My mom was downstairs at the kitchen cleaning and stuff. My sister was ironing our baju while I was setting up the table and placing foods and everything. while the rest were performing their sembahyang raya. after that we all had our bath and put on our new clothes and stuff. Yeah it was a hppay feeling for me to be in that baju. makes me feel all raya-like. BUt then no one was there so basically it was just us sitting at home reading books and channel surfing the bloody tv that only has 4 channels.

well my Cik Nun was married to a kelantanis, so they were staying at the husbands house in kelantan while their visit to Kleantan. My Cik Ni has her own family and house in Kelantan so she basically stays there and makes visits to my grandma's house. So it was basically my family, my Tok Mek and my single uncle, Pok Su who stays in the house.

so when my relatives came to the house, we got ready to go raya. our first house was at my grandma's cousin's house. we go there everytime we raya in Kelantan. The auntie was nice but then again, like I said, what can we talk to them about. besides, there was nobody our age there. which makes me so glad I have a sister close to my age.

well then after that my family just went for a drive around Kelantan before we head back to the house. We ended up having Maggi and watching some crap drama. Pfft. the rest of the day was spent doing nothing. that night was the best part. we were actually anticipating a movie. the rest of the relatives already went back, so my family, the 6 of us, made a 'tempat tidur' in front of the tv and was watching Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam. I quite enjoy the movie. Then we went to sleep. That was raya. The 'koozi' my auntie made was nice though. Don't ask me what it is. Hard to explain.

Friday [2nd day of raya] : well I woke up and got ready immediately. we just hanged out that morning at home. At about noon, we made our way to my auntie's house. the one that lives in Kelantan. she has a nice unique house. her house is actually upstairs. and the ground floor was the porch.

so I finally reunited with Astro and apparently there was the Movie Awards playing so we settled for that. I didn't exactly touch my aunt's lontong coz it didnt look that good. But she served this really delicious carrot cake from Secret Recipe. God its so good. but I wan't that hungry so I of course only took little of it.

I was bored there so I ended up playing Snake on my sister's phone. It was Imran who became all cranky and that was the cue to pardon us from the house. We didn't go straight back to my grandma's house. Apparently, my brother was craving for KFC so we made a stop there. Then we went to this kind of Bazaar place coz my mom wanted to shop for tudung. That didn't last long.

After that, there were requests to go to KB Mall. So we did. The embarassing part was, I was still in my kurung and I am to walk inside a mall. But I thought to myself, this is Kelantan, most of them WOULD be wearing kurung to malls. Boy I was wrong. I walked in and I felt so insecure. I feel like a kampung geek. But I thought to myself not to care. Until we walked in Bonia and I saw my full self in the mirror. I LOOK LIKE A BLOODY KAMPUNG GIRL YANG FIRST TIME MASUK MALL AND TRYING TO LOOK CUN WITH BAJU KURUNG! Owh God! Malu gila. Especially the shoes I was wearing. It look so kampung-ish.

So the first thing I told my mom was 'I NEED A NEW PAIR OF SHOES'. which was great because my mom was bugging me to get one anyways. Well apparently, my new shoes,are not exactly comfortable. But they did make me look un-kampung. Apparently, my mom thought I was ready for heels and I got them. Like gila tinggi punya heels. And I fell in love with it. Until I had to wear it and it practically killed my feet.

After that we had dinner at chicken rice and we headed back to my grandma's house. That night, I settled myself in front of the tv apparently watching Kuliah Cinta. At about 12 o'clock, my cousins from Johor came. I ended up sleeping at 2 o'clock. :x

Muahahahah.

Saturday [3rd day of raya] : well this was the day I was going back from Kelantan to Perak. Apparently, the morning, all my cousins came and we had sesi 'dapat duit raya'. We started the journey at about 11 am. And guess what! We ended up reaching my Perak at about 7.30pm. IT WAS SO TIRING in the car. And the jam practically lasted the whole way. Having Farhana Roslan and Nazrin Roslan as your siblings while stuck in a jam is a definite BRAIN WRECK! They're horror!

Right after we reached Perak, they were already starting the house party. The opening of the brand new built-from-scratch house. The house was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I absolutely love it! So regardless of how TIRED I was, I got ready for te kenduri. ANd its like, you have to wear baju kurung so you gotta have extra effort into looking nice. The food was good though.

So apparently I was so tired I ended up snoozing in my baju kurung.

Sunday [4th day of raya] : well apparently the time flied until it was 9.30pm. Thats when my Atuk told me we only had about an hour before the samera guy dude comes. I was rushing to get ready. My mom especially freaked because she always like everything done right, but 1 hour wasnt enough to get us all in the shower, and to iron our baju and stuff. But all was cool.

The family picture we took was GREAT! It was great fun. we took pictures in the new house and we had a bomb. My siter, and my two cousins, tikah and amy at one point decided to take a picture of us being bad-ass-biatches who takes pictures that makes people go WHOA. I WANT HER IN MY PANTS! ahhahaha. but the funny part was we were all in our tudung. anhahahahah.

the sad part was that our camera suddenly decided to bangang and it got spoilt. So we didn't have WHOA pictures of us. after lunch, my family made our way back home. The jam tortured us again. we ended up reaching home at about 8.30pm which was the exact time Gol and Gincu starts. So my sister and I were glued to the tv. The story was great fun. I love the movie.

so the night was spent playing more computer and then tidurlar.

so the rest of my days after that are just, computer, makan, tv.. computer. I have nothing planned. I did found out that my brother's new math tuisyen teacher, is shahrul's evil add maths tuisyen teacher.

At first I didn't know, until my mom actually mentioned her name and that she lived USJ. I had a hunch it was her but I wasn't sure. But when I got there I was sure! When I saw her I waved, you know to be nice. Then Imran nudged me to roll down the window so I did, then she came up to me and said 'Farisha right?" I was like.. uh huh.... how the hell she knows this is me. and she told me it was nice to meet me. Apparently my mom found out.

so thats all. the only thing I'm looking forward now is my movie dates with my friends and my boyfriend. Studies and practises can wait.

- berapa your duit raya?

from the mind to the fingers of Farisa Roslan | 12:49 am

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why we (the so called 'bandar' girls) would be so scared to be called kampung girls when we go to the kampung and the kampung girls mock us for being bandar girls. And who came up with this label anyway?

Selamat Hari Raya! Glad you had a good one.

1:58 pm, November 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home